Friday 23 December 2011

terrarium madness

Terrariums are glass containers with plants inside. And we are mad about them! :p You can think of them as miniature landscapes.Best type of terrariums? The ones with succulents inside of course! :p You can even make a themed terrarium, using toy animals like snakes, lizards etc. Dinosaurs are my favourites :p We will post a tutorial for terrariums soon (in case you want to make your own). 

This one is my first attempt. Say hello to Patrick :p I had to empty this bowl though, because one of the plants had mealy bugs! Yiaiks!! They ate the plant from the inside..Poor haworthia cooperi..Mealy bugs are these disgusting little fellas:
I hate them..I really do.They're the only insect enemy succulents have. No other insect can harm them:)
So beware, you must inspect every new plant you buy before you introduce it to your other plants!



I made the following terrarium for Eri.hehe.. I used a snake and a dino as ornaments. I think it is a Parasaurolophus :p 

This is a smaller terrarium. It contains a haworthia zebrina and a sempervivum arachnoideum. Kind of creepy, huh? :p
The last terrarium is the one I made for my mum. Didn't put any snakes in it because it would end in the garbage hah. They wouldn't be the first plants with this fate:p These pebbles are too shiny for my taste, but it looks ok I guess.

9 comments:

Black Sparrow said...

Ωραία terrariums!Και ωραίος δεινόσαυρος!:)

succulove said...

Merci :)

Matti at Far Out Flora said...

You have some great starts for your first terrariums. Love the Peter, and think those Haworthia will do well growing in them. Matti

Έχετε κάποια μεγάλη ξεκινά για την πρώτη σας terrariums. αγαπούν τον Peter, και πιστεύω ότι οι haworthia καλά θα κάνουν αναπτύσσεται σε αυτούς. Matti

succulove said...

Thanks! Once you start making terrariums you can't stop..I want to turn every glass bowl I have to a terrarium.

p.s.: I absoluterly love your blog!

ibraliakovic said...

www ti omofo !

www what a beauty !

Julie said...

Hi! Thanks for following my blog!!! Yours is really beautiful. I love all the variety you have! The idea to incorporate Spongebob into the terrarium was brilliant...a move my grandkids would love! I think my fairy garden just changed to a Bikini Bottom Garden!!! LOL.

succulove said...

Actually I only have a Patrick figure, I have to find Sponge Bob too, so that it looks like a Bikini Bottom Garden! hah!
I like your blog too! Your succulents seem great!

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves what you guys are usually up too. This sort of
clever work and coverage! Keep up the excellent works guys I've added you guys
to my blogroll.

Feel free to surf to my web site: paleo dessert recipes

Anonymous said...

Good web site you've got here.. It's difficult to find high quality writing like yours nowadays.
I truly appreciate people like you! Take care!!


Feel frde tto surf to my blog :: buying a house []

Post a Comment